Are there any restrictions on the prizes awarded?
Yes. The distribution of cash prizes and the conversion of prizes to cash is prohibited. Also, promoters may not distribute as prizes: medicines, weapons and ammunition, explosives, fireworks, tobacco and derivatives, alcoholic beverages above a certain alcoholic content.
Furthermore, prizes must not:
- Be related to or encourage gambling;
- Generate an immoderate profit for promoters;
- Impact negatively on the education of a child or adolescent;
- Involve coupons or any other thing that imitates or resembles the national currency.
General authorized prizes that are distributed in Brazil are:
- Goods produced in Brazil or regularly imported;
- Residential units, located in the country or in urban areas;
- Tourism trips (encompassing the transport from the residence to the destination and from the destination to the residence of the winner, lodging and at least one meal);
- Tickets to concerts, parties and plays, along with a physical prize of any value.