A market-leading M&A practice
Our M&A practice has a significant presence with over 1,000 lawyers (including 300 partners) based across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. This global reach provides assurances to businesses looking to transact across borders by offering a single law firm combining a market-leading international practice with specialist local and sector expertise.
Our M&A practice is widely recognised as a leader in the market, as we consistently execute more deals globally than any other law firm. In the past thirteen years, we have acted on more than 8,000 M&A transactions. This unrivalled experience enables us to deliver high quality commercial advice to our clients, who benefit from the efficiencies we have developed through time.
Our transactional experience is deep and varied. DLA Piper has dedicated M&A lawyers across a range of industry sectors, and covers all manner of mergers, acquisitions and disposals including:
- share transactions, and divisional or asset sales
- cross-border transactions
- public company deals (such as tender offers, exchange offers, mergers, consolidations, representation of special committees, hostile takeovers, proxy contests, leveraged recapitalisations and management buyouts) public to private transactions
- distressed company deals through bankruptcy or other structures
- various joint ventures and strategic alliances
- international corporate reorganisations (such as post-merger integration, carve-outs and spin-offs)